Thursday 14 January 2016

My social action documentary.

While making the documentary, I believe that I complete all my aims I set out to complete at the beginning of the project. At the beginning of the project I wasn't sure what subject to pick, I wasn't sure if I would be passionate about anything but then I thought of mental health.I believe that my subject mental health is interesting and that it can relate to a lot of people and I could also get a lot of information about it. 

Once I had chosen my subject I had to get information on it. I had to do primary and secondary research. I had created a questionnaire to ask people around the college about mental health. After I had the correct information it was time to shot the video, I film outside the college and filmed interviews with people asking them questions on mental health. 

After that I did the voice over that goes through out the beginning part of my documentary, this for me made it feel like a more common documentary as I lot of documentaries I have watched all have voice overs. Then I took some video's of the internet to use in little part of the documentary, so it would just be me talking. After that I added music to the documentary to add more layers to the audio.  

I think that everything went well, I'm pleased with the end project, the only thing is I thought it would be longer but its quite short. I think the questions I asked where suitable for the documentary and helped it move on and give more information to the audience. Im happy with the backing music and all the clips I have chosen for the documentary. All together I think the project went well and Im pleased with the outcome. 

Feedback    
For feedback I asked three students what they thought of the end product. One student said they liked as it wasn't to long and got to the point straight away and she liked the use of the voiceover. Another student said it was good but thought it should be longer and include more facts to give the audience more information on the topic. The other student thought it was good and liked how I give examples of famous people with mental illness, which shows how common they are. They also liked the interview. One said that the quality of some of the clips weren't that good and should have been of a high quality as they were blurry. So two out of the three thought it was good.   

No comments:

Post a Comment